With over 2,800 apps on the Salesforce AppExchange, sorting through apps can be overwhelming - especially if you’re still wrapping your brain around all the cool things Salesforce can do (aren’t we all?!). Not to worry - we’ve scoured the Salesforce AppExchange for the highest rated, most popular, FREE apps and compiled them by category for you. Take a look and discover which Salesforce apps might be useful for your company.
- Box: Enables Salesforce users to easily share, access and manage files within Salesforce, and Salesforce1. It’s collaboration made ridiculously easy.
- Agile Accelerator: This agile development toolset built by Salesforce helps you manage sprints and workflows. Perfect for scrum teams.
- Drag, Drop, and Unload: This free document management app lets you drag & drop multiple files for instant uploading into Salesforce, even from Google Drive. Quickly add case logs, contracts, legal docs, marketing collateral and more against any standard or custom object.
Customer Service Apps
- Survicate Surveys for Salesforce: Send engaging surveys to customers and sync data to Salesforce. Survicate Surveys use collected insights to help improve your customer satisfaction, drive referrals and reduce churn. Net Promoter Score surveys are included.
- Round Robin Record Assignment: Ever want to assign ownership of records to a group of people one after another? Round Robin Record Assignment lets you create groups of users and assign ownership to the records based on criteria you define. Group members can be set to inactivate for out-of-the office, not working during specific hours, or on PTO across all Assignment Groups.
- Take Ownership for Cases: Tired of the inconvenient and repetitive process for taking ownership of cases? This free widget reduces the number of clicks from 5 down to 1 by adding a custom button to the case page layout.
- Avankia - DBSync QuickBooks Integration for Salesforce: This free app synchronizes Salesforce accounts, contacts, products and opportunities to QuickBooks desktop customer, jobs, products and invoice, estimates or sales order. It also has an automatic online update so you never have to manually upgrade your application.
- Timesheets.com: The web timesheets in this app may be used for project analysis, billing, hourly payroll, time-off and accruals. Employee expenses and HR reports are included. Individual accounts are free with an optional upgrade to multi-user mode.
IT and Administration Apps
- Dataloader.io: This simple, free, no download required app for Salesforce is an 100% cloud solution to quickly import, export and delete data in Salesforce.com. You can automate task imports and exports on a hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis and even import/export data from multiple file sources (DropBox, Box, FTP and sFTP).
- DupeCatcher: Got duplicates? Not to worry! DupeCatcher enables users to identify, block and deduplicate leads, accounts, contacts, and person accounts in real-time at the point-of-entry. Retain full control of the identification and merging process, eliminating fear of loss while cleaning data.
- Mass Update and Mass Edit from List View: Mass update and mass edit selected records from any filter view or related list. You get two easy to use tools designed for both admins and standard users. This application supports the following entity types out of the box: Campaign, Lead, Account, Contact, Opportunity, Contract, Product, Case, Solution and asset. With 15 minutes of work, you can add it to any custom object in your organization.
- Jitterbit Cloud Data Loader: Fast, easy, no-coding integration for any SFDC Admin, this free data migration app enables Salesforce users to automate the import/export of data between flat files, databases, and Salesforce / Force.com. It supports create, insert, upsert, delete, hard delete, query, and bulk loads.
- Mass Update, Mass Edit, Mass Delete: Need to eliminate a chunk of bad leads? With this app, it only takes a couple minutes to mass update, edit, or delete records from any list view or related list.
- Mass Update Tasks, Activities Tab, Create Multiple Tasks: If you want to multi-task more efficiently, then this app is for you. Create multiple tasks for multiple Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities and Cases. You can mass update any custom or standard field as well as customize mass update and create task pages.
- Informatica Cloud Data Wizard: This native Salesforce app lets you easily sync common Salesforce objects and custom objects with CSV files, cloud storage like Box, and SaaS applications such as NetSuite. Note: this only allows for one Salesforce connection and limits the number of jobs and rows per day.
- Zapier: Eliminating tedious and repetitive tasks, this app connects Salesforce to all the web apps you use. It automates your entire workflow by copying and moving data for you. Integrations with over 600 apps are supported, like Wufoo, Gravity Forms, MailChimp, Google Sheets, Unbounce, Stripe and more!
- AddressTools Free: Ensure your users enter consistent country and state names with an auto-complete pick-list and additional validation features. No need to clean your existing data before implementing. You can also validate, standardize and correct all address fields on a pay-per-lookup basis with street-level validation (20 free lookups are provided).
- Field Trip: Ever wish you could run reports on the fields you have in salesforce? Take a Field Trip! This utility lets you analyze the fields of any object, including what percentage of the records (or a subset of your records) have that field populated.
- Campaign Monitor: Combine the power of Campaign Monitor and the data in Salesforce for seamless, hyper targeted email marketing to your contacts. Easily build beautiful, branded email marketing campaigns with a drag-and-drop builder, and professionally-designed, mobile-ready email templates.
- AdvocateHub: Mobilize your advocates with AdvocateHub, a powerful advocate marketing software that helps B2B companies capture customer enthusiasm to turbocharge Marketing and Sales. Build an advocate community and invite customers, partners and employees into the app to complete a wide variety of “challenges,” such as referrals, reference calls or product reviews.
- Ebsta for LinkedIn This app puts Salesforce in LinkedIn to help your sales reps sell more. You can view Salesforce records alongside LinkedIn profiles, see relational alerts, and open records in Salesforce with one click. Note: Ebsta for LinkedIn is free for the first 3 users.
- Ebsta for Gmail: View and update Salesforce with ease from within Gmail. You can add emails, sync calendars, track email opens and more. Note: Ebsta for Gmail is free for the first 3 users.
- S-docs - Free Document Generator: Automate document creation and delivery in minutes with this on-platform solution. Supports batch mode and full workflow automation. You can easily create quotes, invoices, proposals, statements, account summaries, and contracts.
- Geckoboard: We recently launched a new Salesforce integration to build always-on TV dashboards from Salesforce reports. Never have to manually refresh your Salesforce dashboard again. You can explore the integration for FREE for 30 days by signing up for a trial account. No credit card required and no obligation to try it just because you read this post. :)
With this curated list of the best free Salesforce apps, you can easily pick what is most helpful and bypass the rest. Don’t stress about trying every app. Unnecessary configurations or apps can actually make you and your team less productive as I mentioned in Salesforce Implementation: Six Steps to Make It a Success.
Which Salesforce.com apps are your favorite? Drop us a note in the comments!
Now that you’re armed with the right apps, do you need help setting the right metrics for your B2B sales team?